Friday, October 11, 2013

Digital Imagery

This week in class we learned all about digital images. I have been familiar with cameras and photos for my whole life. We live in the digital age so posting pictures to the internet and uploading and editing have always seemed to be second nature.

This week I just got more comfortable with taking pictures off the internet, placing them in folders, and resizing them to be more usable. One thing that stuck with me that Dr. Obannon said was that in this age we are no longer aware of memory space. We upload pictures to Facebook without even realizing how much the serves of Facebook must hold. It was good to learn how to resize and store and be aware that you can't make a bad quality picture bigger. It just won't work!

In the classroom, I am going to be using slideshows and presentations that I hope to fill with pictures to keep my students attention. If we are studying penguins, I hope to fill the slideshow with pictures of penguins eating, penguins swimming, penguins caring for their young, etc. Hopefully I can know what are good pictures to grab from the internet and utilize the websites that Dr. Obannon gave to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment