Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Digital Diagrams

From an early age, I as a student have always been learning about diagrams. The most common one was the Venn diagram. It was an easy visual way to compare and contrast two different things. Diagrams that are more of a diagram map can also be useful.

In my classroom, when I want to introduce a topic to my students, this will come in handy. It is a good way to put a lot of information in one place and present the basic bare idea to your students. You can do it on a variety of topics and pass it out to your students in note form.

Inspiration was a cool program that made doing this SUPER easy. It was possible to hyperlink into boxes at the touch of a button. You could change colors and shapes so easily so that each diagram you made was one of a kind. When I am a teacher, I am definitely going to have to invest in this software. The hardest thing to me will to be to choose the right topics to not make digital diagrams and the ones to make. Some information is just not well displayed in this form so knowing your subject will be really helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment