Friday, December 6, 2013

Digital Storytelling

I have had brief encounters with IMovie in the past. In high school, we had to choose a song and add pictures to it and it was a lot more complicated than what we did in TPTE. I have never had a Mac computer before so I have never really gotten super familiar with the Apple applications such as IMovie or Iphoto.

In class, this was a super simple process honestly. The program was very straightforward and I felt like all I had to do was drag and drop pictures in and the music. It was a little time consuming organizing and making sure all the captions were right and just little things that mess up that add time so I wish I weren't so pressed for time but it was still a pretty easy process.

In my classroom, I hope to maybe use IMovie as a fun little introduction or something to a project or to a new lesson that we will learn. Even simple movies that I can make will be a fun way to break up to monotony of school work. Also because I have the capabilities of making them, I can better filter what I want my students to see in the movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment